Monday 26 May 2014

First Kernel

Hey everyone,

sorry it's been a while since my last post. So the first Volk kernel is finished. It's for the metrics_s implementation. and I have first benchmarks. To get the results I calculated the euclidean metrics for 1000 packets, each containing 3072 BPSK symbols and calculated the mean value for the execution time.
As you can see the SSE version takes 50% less time than the Generic one. I expected it to be faster, cause you can load up to 8 shorts into one SIMD register. I blame type conversions for this. I have to convert the results of the calculations from short to integer to float which I suspect consumes a lot of time.

So that's all for now. Kernel for the rest of the metrics implementations will follow this week so stay tuned!

Cheerz,
Jan



No comments:

Post a Comment