Monday 28 April 2014

Hey all,
so Google Summer of Code 2014 started last week. I have been selected to work on the GNU Radio Framework (Yay!). The goal of my project is to speed up the gr-trellis block with VOLK and Multithreading support.
So if you wanna know more about this project, this is the place to be! I will post everything related to this project in this blog. There should be at least one update per week and I try not to make things too boring for you guys and gals!

So what has happened so far?

Code review FTW. I have mostly been checking source code and documentations. And of course there was a (fancy buzzword alert) "kickoff meeting" with my mentors. I guess the usual stuff you have to go through when starting a new project. Next thing on the way is to enhance the quality asssurance tests and establish some benchmark tests. We wanna know how fast gr-trellis is right now and how fast it can get after all!

I have also set up a Github page, so Code will be available sooner or later!
https://github.com/SpectreJan

That is all for last week's activity.
Cheerz,
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment